About Chiong Bin To

Chiong Bin To is a Romanization of the Taiwanese pronunciation of my Chinese name, which in Mandarin is Zhang Min Dao. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, from a mixed Taiwanese home; my mother was benshenren, my father was waishenren. I was educated up until 18 years of age in the public school system. From the pit of Model Minority Hell, I was plucked and placed onto my path by none other than The Most High. From there, I sojourn to discover all the places through which my path leads. I am first and foremost a student of cultures and languages, from which I draw inspiration to fuel my creativity. My mission is to reveal to all people the beauty of each person, in the context of their native cultures, so that God may be glorified as Creator.

On this page, you will find information as to what I'm doing with my life, with posts published in timely fashion below.

Summer Update 2

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce to you what God has done in my life! I have been gifted with the burden of making a choice; I can either choose to return to UIUC or I can choose to attend North Central. I'm leaning toward North Central, currently. I'd finish sooner, continue to participate at WCAC, and perhaps even travel/study abroad. The cost of attending for each institution is roughly the same, around $25k. Additionally, North Central is on the trimester, which makes it less of a stress on my psyche to go whole semesters. To attend North Central would mean I get to avoid the hassle of trying to look for an apartment down at Chambana.

At the heart of the issue is my social situation/needs. I feel as though my chance for social integration into UIUC was gone long ago. Yes, that essentially means I have given up on proximity being a help to building closer relationships with those from church that go to UIUC. Am I being selfish? Yes, and unabashedly so. I chose UIUC for that hope, to connect with people I knew there, three years ago, but it turned out to be a false one.

posted by Ezra M. Chang at 6/25/2011 10:15:00 PM

Links

Home
Facebook
Twitter
Creations

Archives

  • April 2011
  • June 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • February 2012
  • April 2013